Friday, September 21, 2012

What I Did Last Summer: by Angie Kidd


Angie Kidd
AngelaJKidd@gmail.com
www.AngieKidd.com

My husband and I took a trip to Utah over the summer.  We visited Zion, Bryce Canyon, Escalante, and Capitol Reef.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize until we got there that it was also flash flood season!  This drawing is based on a photograph taken while hiking in Escalante.  We were searching for Spooky slot canyon, but somehow took a wrong turn and ended up in the dry fork canyon.  Most of the lizards we saw on the trip were a dull, brown color, but this one was as red as the rock it perched on.  We almost missed it!  We were amazed at its ability to climb walls. 

I also tried out a new medium for this sketch.  I applied a watercolor wash over the pencil drawing and then experimented with my new watercolor pencils.  I'm hooked on them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment