Friday, September 2, 2011

September Theme: SCHOOL DAZED!

Wow, Scribblers! Where has the time flown? It seems like just yesterday we were entertaining spring thoughts and planning our summer and now our projects have all drawn to yet another close. Well, at least my projects have. Whether it's art projects or garden projects, tis the season for "harvest" and "back-to-school".

What better way is there to celebrate "school daze" than by going back to "school" at a SCBWI Fall conference?! I know I'll be on Mackinac Island with new pencils, paper, paints and loads of summer idea gathering for Matt Faulkner's Illustration Boot Camp.  That's exactly what I need--a swift boot kick--to my illustration career. That, and hanging out with the Illustration Tribe and the Writer Clans. That's as important as the class learning. Some folks call that networking, but I prefer calling it "hanging out" (less formal). Either way you call it, meeting up at "recess" and during lunch takes us all back to those school days. The best part is, we don't get graded--and if spit wads are thrown, it would be considered a mixed media art form!

I hope to see most of you illustrators up there on that mystical, magical island. You never stop learning! So it's back to school! I hear the bell ringing--or boat horn blasting!

See you there!
Lori Taylor
loonwoman@gmail.com
www.loritaylorart.com

Deadline:  Sept. 30, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment